Matera, 1 – 5 June 2020
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and will be closed when 25 participants have enrolled. Therefore, we encourage participants to register ASAP. A waiting list will be established if registration exceeds 25 participants.
The course Registration Fee includes 35 hours of class training, student supervision, course material in digital format, lectures, sample data, a Linux Virtual Machine with all the software installed.
In order to register, all participants have to:
- Register here via Eventbrite
- Pay the registration fee
500 EUR or 430 GBP or 560 USD for students (Masters and PhDs)
1000 EUR or 860 GBP or 1120 USD for Post-docs, Researchers, Government employees, Private sector employees.
* 3 fellowships are dedicated to students from the University of Basilicata, in appreciation for hosting Spatial Ecology’s workshop. A deposit of EUR 100 by each applicant is due at registration as a commitment to full attendance during the 5-day course. The entire amount will be returned at the end of the course but any unauthorised absence will result in the deposit being forfeited. Please contact Tushar Sethi (firstname.lastname@example.org) for payments.
For payment, please use one of the following options:
- TransferWise: https://transferwise.com
Create an account in TransferWise using https://transferwise.com/u/giuseppea101 and send from your home currency to GBP (to use the GBP option ask Tushar Sethi email@example.com for Spatial Ecology’s bank details). Use the link https://transferwise.com/u/giuseppea101 for a commission-free transfer. You can link your TransferWise account with your bank or use a credit card. Transferwise is the simplest and cheapest option if you are outside the EUR or GBP area! For TransferWise payments with other currencies, see below:
- EU-based bank commission-free transfer from EUR to EUR can be made using the following details:
Account Holder: Spatial Ecology
Bank code (SWIFT / BIC): TRWIBEB1XXX
Account number: IBAN BE46 9670 2668 2036
Address: TransferWise Europe SA, Square de Meeûs 38 bte 40, Brussels, 1000, Belgium
- US-based bank transfers from USD to USD can be made using the following details (make a transfer directly from your US bank account to our US TransferWise account below):
Account Holder: TransferWise FBO Spatial Ecology
Bank code (SWIFT / BIC): CMFGUS33
Account number: 8310052672
Wire transfer number: 026073008
Routing number (ACH or ABA): 026073150
Address: TransferWise, 19 W 24th Street, New York, 10010, United States
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com
In your PayPal account, select the option Send & Request, enter the email firstname.lastname@example.org, then type the relevant amount and change the “Paying for an item or service” to “Send to Friend and Family” (see example on the right). For the lowest service fees, use the EUR to EUR transfer option! We will not accept payments done under “Paying for an item or service” or different from the option set on the right example. If you do not see the option “sending to a friend” opt for transferwise or bank transfer. Consider that that pay with credit card using paypal is quite expensive we suggest to link your bank account to have low transfer fee.
- Bank transfer:
If you or your sponsoring institution can only pay by bank transfer from any currency to Spatial Ecology’s UK bank account (GBP only) contact Tushar Sethi (email@example.com) for details.
- Please note that banks can charge high transfer fees that are not always apparent and exchange rates must be accounted for, as well.
- You must therefore ensure that any bank charges are paid separately and not deducted from the transfer amount.
- We must also receive the full GBP amount stated in your fee category after your bank factors in their foreign exchange rate.
- If there is a shortfall in the course fee received, we will request you to clear the outstanding balance by making another payment, which will incur further costs for you or your sponsor. Therefore, please refrain from using the bank transfer option as far as possible.
You will be considered registered ONLY when the registration fee has been paid, we have received your completed questionnaire and Eventbrite registration form, AND we have sent you a confirmation email. If you encounter problems, please get in touch with Tushar Sethi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visa requirements: Before paying the registration fee, please check your visa requirements and account for visa issuance wait times, ensuring that you are able to travel to Italy on a Schengen visa in time for the Summer School.
A written request for registration cancellation must be e-mailed to email@example.com. If registration cancellation is requested by 15 April 2020, you will receive a refund of the registration fee after deducting a processing fee of GBP 100. We will retain 60% of the fees if a cancellation request is submitted after 15 April 2020, unless a candidate from the waiting list is able to replace the withdrawing candidate.